The Importance of Lockout Tagout
Lockout Tagout is one of the Top 10 “Most Serious Violations” and Top 10 “Most Often Cited Violations,” according to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration. Lockout Tagout was created to prevent the unexpected start-up or energizing of equipment during service and maintenance operations which could cause employee injuries and prevent the release of stored energy, which could also cause employee injury.This course will assist you in starting and implementing a lockout tagout program, at your facility. By setting priorities for action and familiarizing yourself with OSHA’s Control of Hazardous Energy regulations.
How You Will Benefit:
- Establish the purpose for lockout tagout
- Identify the key components of an energy control program and
- The six main elements that should be contained in procedures
- Distinguish key elements of a periodic inspection of the energy control device to restore energy and equipment
- Explain group lockout/tagout
- Identify steps to follow to perform testing or positioning on a piece of equipment being repaired
- Recognize the importance of best practices for the most effective lockout/tagout program implementation and operation
To see a list of upcoming classes, please check our Course Schedule.
Not seeing what your looking for?
We offer many different training courses, feel free to contact us and see how we can help you today!
31total visits,2visits today